Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Potty Time

Over the weekend we helped encourage Jackson to use the potty. I'm not ready for an intensive potty training boot camp, and neither is Jackson. But I was ready to encourage him to realize the purpose of the potty. So for a couple hours each day over the weekend we put Jackson into big boy underwear and let him run around outside. Day 1 was very upsetting for him. He had two accidents and he was horrified at both. Day 2 was much better. At the offer of an M&M if he peed in the potty, he happily obliged. The only problem was one M&M wasn't enough of a reward, I think he probably ended up eating an entire fun size bag for his potty success. Then he wanted to call Mimi and tell her what he did. So cute. We didn't push him at all yesterday, but he did tell me as soon as he went and was more interested in staying dry than he was before this weekend.

I tried to document to experience, but he repeated "no pictures" and really wanted his privacy. Here he is trying to push me and my camera away:

No comments: