Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Three Year Doctor Visit

We finally had Jackson's 3 year old check up today.  Dr G was very booked when I called three months ago and today was the first available appointment.  But it was worth the wait.  We had a great visit with Dr. G!  I had a number of questions related to last week's foot injury (he said it appears ok, but to come in for x-rays next week if he is still limping), his thumb issue (I now know it is called "trigger finger" and is something he should grow out of), and his overall development.  Dr G was impressed with his growth over the past year.  Jackson currently weighs 33 pounds (50-75the percentile) and is 39 inches tall (75th percentile).  All the developmental tests looked good.  We talked quite a bit about what to do about the tonsils.  I just wish there was an easy answer.  A way to know how imperative it is to remove them now versus waiting.  It's a tough decision and likely one that will require a lot more thought and discussion. 

Here are a couple photos I took before we left for the appointment.  He woke up early, so he got to watch an episode of Mickey while I finished getting dressed.  It might have made his day!

Watching Mickey on the "big bed"

He always closes his eyes for the flash.  ugh!

No comments: