I just returned from the most amazing trip. My 12th marathon and 3rd Boston. Two years ago I set the goal to return to Boston, and it was so amazing to see that goal to completion. My mom came with me on this trip, it was really fun to have a few days just with her. I think I did a little more than usual before a marathon, I wanted to take all of Boston in. I had intended for this to be my grand finale marathon, but the weather may have changed that. See, I had planned to allow the race to be a 26.2 mile celebration of my hard work and a goodbye lap to the super long distance races. Unfortunately the rain and cold wind didn't allow for the celebrating that I had planned. I spent the entire time VERY focused on my secondary goal...running the best Boston that I could in those weather conditions. As a result...I am considering returning in 2016 for that grand finale. We shall see.
Here is a photo collection for the spectacular weekend:
 |
| Getting ready to get on the bus! |
 |
| The winners just before they were announced at the post race party |
 |
| Jackson LOVED his Boston shirt, wore it to school this morning. He wanted to wear my bib too...I said NO! |
 |
| Beautiful flowers from my work friends! |
No comments:
Post a Comment