Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Jackson!

Dear Jackson,

Happy Birthday little monkey! It seems like just yesterday we were sitting at the hospital anxiously awaiting your arrival. This amazing year has flown right by. You went from this itty bitty little baby (well, not really that itty bitty, but you were so small compared to how big you are today!) to a very active and happy little toddler. I remember taking you home from the hospital, wondering about this new little monkey who had just entered our family, wondering if I would ever get to sleep again, wondering how it was possible to love someone so much. I remember the first little smile you gave me, the first time you let out a little giggle and the first time you shared your contagious belly laugh. I remember the first night you slept through the night, the first attempt at eating cereal, and the first time you crawled across the living room. We have watched you grow into such an amazing little boy...one who is so happy to greet us in the mornings, so thrilled to see the kitty cats, and so generous with your love. I feel so blessed every day to have you in my life. Wishing you a very special day today!

Love, Mom


3 comments:

Geri said...

Yes bring on the pregnancy hormones for that little note! Happy Birthday Big Boy!!

Rachel said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday, Jackson! Can't believe it's been a WHOLE year already!

Catherine T said...

Happy bday Jackson! The years get faster and faster, by the way.