Jackson learned a new word last week! He can now say "please" in sign language! I noticed it for the first time on Friday evening... he kept pointing to things, rubbing his chest and then pointing to himself. At first I didn't think anything of it, then I quickly realized that he was desperately trying to communicate with me. His school does a great job of working with him on sign language, but they never tell me what signs they are teaching him, so I always have to ask what things mean. After watching the chest rubbing for awhile, I started to wonder if it meant "please". On Saturday morning I finally googled it, he was saying "please"! I love that he is being so polite in his frequent demands for things :)
Here's a quick video I shot this morning on the way to school. Not the best demonstration of "please" but you can get the idea. He also signed "milk" this morning!
Here's a quick video I shot this morning on the way to school. Not the best demonstration of "please" but you can get the idea. He also signed "milk" this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment