Last week was a big week for little Jackson...we decided to change Jackson's school. Monday evening was tough as we withdrew him from his old school. He had been there since he was just 8 weeks old, and we had all developed close relationships with the teachers and staff. But we knew it was the right thing to do. Then on Tuesday morning we dropped him off at the new school. He was excited as we walked in, new sights and sounds, but was very unhappy once we arrived at his classroom. I stayed with him for a little while, but finally realized he would never warm up to his teachers or his new friends while I was there. It was so sad because they had to tear him off of me as I tried to leave. On Wednesday morning I even got him to walk with me through the school, but he lost it the moment we turned the corner to his class. Day 2 was worse than Day 1. The teachers have told me that he is totally fine about 10 minutes or so after I leave. And they expect that after a couple weeks he will be able to handle drop off much better. Let's hope so! But other than the challenges at drop off, we are very happy with the new school so far. The program is very structured, and I think that is exactly what Jackson really needs in his daily routine. The group size is small, he is with a handful of other toddlers right at his age group.
Here are a couple recent pics taken about a week ago. Here is Mallory reading a book to Jackson:

And here is Jackson on the slide at the park:

1 comment:
He looks like such a big boy and love all that hair! Hope you're doing well and hang in there w/the change in schools! Logan was my pro with change, but Landon loves a little more structure!
Post a Comment