Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Extreme Makeover: Part 1

Jackson has been asking for a big boy bed for a few weeks now.  It eventually got to a point where we started to take him seriously.  So we ordered the bed rails, found some new bedding and bought the mattress.  The rails were delivered on Monday, so we decided Monday night was as good of a night as any to make the big switch. 

I think I expected the disassembly of the toddler bed and assembly of the full size bed would be a lot easier.  It took three hours.  Jackson was a little upset about us taking apart his room and his "little bed".  He threw a lot of fits during the process and lost a number of privileges (TV time, Skipit, Gizmo, etc.).  Here he is during one of those fits:

But the moment we put the mattress on the bed, he immediately climbed up onto his new bed.  He was so happy!  It was adorable. 
I was a little concerned how he would handle going to sleep, but since it was late (and I promised him a treat if he went the whole night without crying), he went right to sleep and slept soundly all night.  He even wanted to stay in bed longer when I woke him up this morning!  He's doesn't want to use the sheet, blanket or pillows just yet.  He's still too attached to his baby blankets and toddler pillow. 

But bottomline, I think he's happy that he can fit more animals, toys and baby blankets in the new bed than in his toddler bed!  You should have seen all the stuff he piled onto the bed last night before bed time!

I will post more pics once we finish his room.  Right now it is one big mess.  I never realized how small that room was before.  The new bed takes up a lot of space!  Plus I want to keep the rocker in the room for a little while longer, so we have some work to do to configure everything in the best way possible.  And, we need to get some final items to finish out his bedding and then hang new pictures and decorations on his walls. 

Hopefully he is just as excited tonight as he was last night!

No comments: