A few weeks ago my doctor found skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma) on my left shoulder. It was a spot that I had noticed last fall, it was always pink or red and a little scaly no matter how much lotion I applied. I mentioned it to my doctor during my annual appointment and she sent me straight to a dermatologist. Since that first appointment at my dermatologist's office, I have made a quite a few trips. To date I have had three biopsies (thankfully all others came back clean), cyrosurgery on my forehead, and a couple spots being "monitored". The spot on my shoulder had to be surgically removed, and since there were very deep margins they had to cut through all layers of skin. The great news is that they were able to remove all the cancerous cells!
Here is my shoulder just before the surgery started. I was amazed with how large of an incision they were going to have to make to remove a dime sized issue.
This second picture is post-surgery. I wasn't feeling very good and was in terrible spirits. But I still had to pick up Jackson and feed him dinner. I took him to his favorite fast food restaurant and he was an absolute angel.
No comments:
Post a Comment