Saturday, April 27, 2013

Kiddie Park

I have been looking for an opportunity to take Jackson to Kiddie Park in San Antonio.  This is an old amusement park for young children.  It opened in 1925 and claims to be "America's oldest children's amusement park."  The park was renovated in 2009, but they maintained almost all of the old rides.  I remember all of them from when I was a kid.  I even remember the feel of those silly rocks as they slipped into my shoes.  I recall my favorite rides to be the "Little Dipper" (an old school mini rollercoaster that is now just a memory) and the "School Bus". 

When we first arrived with Jackson, he was a little unsure.  He normally takes some time to warm up in a new situation and this was no different.  He has never been to an amusement park or been on any kind of ride, so I expected he would be a little fearful.  We had quite a few tears before I convinced him to get on his first ride, the School Bus.  In the end, we had to beg him to leave.  What fun!



No comments: