Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Week #37 Ultrasound

I went in today for (hopefully) my final ultrasound. It's not that I don't enjoy seeing Baby Ryan, but the frequency of these ultrasounds has been a little too much for me. The purpose of today's session was to check his estimated weight again, particularly since there was such a dramatic difference between the week #33 ultrasound (gigantic baby) and the week #36 ultrasound (bigger than average, but nothing to be alarmed at). Since this could mean the difference between an induction and a c-section, my doctor wanted to have a better idea of his current weight. She said last week that most likely we would fall somewhere in between these measurements. And she was right. The sonographer took extra time today to ensure she was getting as accurate of measurements as possible (she tells me this is an art, not a science...) Her final result was an estimated 7 lbs 11 oz. This is definitely still a big baby (82nd percentile), but not alarmingly big. I'm very anxious to hear what the doctor has to say tomorrow, but my gut tells me that we will probably stick with the scheduled induction date next week. At least that is what I'm hoping for!


1 comment:

Geri said...

He's going to be here soon!! YEA!!! Can't wait!!