Thursday, May 7, 2009

Week #38 Update

Yes I know that tomorrow is technically week #38...but I wanted to provide an update from yesterday's doctor appointment and it was too close to the new week to label it #37! ;-)

All went well at the doctor appointment. I was thrilled that I hadn't gained any weight from the previous week!! (Yes I realize that is a small victory considering the zillion pounds I have gained, but it was the only time during the whole pregnancy that I smiled when I got on the scale!) Anyways, Baby Ryan is doing great. He has descended very low and I'm already 80% effaced. No dilation yet, but that should start any moment.

We are scheduled to arrive at the hospital at 7:30 on Tuesday morning to induce labor. Doctor said there is a possibility that I could start labor on my own before then, but no real way to tell. So I'm hoping he's stays put for a few more days...I would like to get some rest before the big day arrives!

2 comments:

RunnerGirlJRo said...

JEN! What an exciting weekend for you and here's hoping all goes well on Tuesday! Can't wait to celebrate his arrival and will be thinking about you tomorrow at the Race for the Cure in MSP! Happy Mama's Day early!

Geri said...

SOOO exciting!!! We can't wait to meet Baby Ryan! Happy Mother's Day mama to be!