Monday, April 12, 2010

Bluebonnets

It is a true Texan springtime tradition to get photos of your kids among the bluebonnets. My mom still has a baby photo of me in the bluebonnets framed in her house. I've grown up watching people sit along the side of the highway trying to get that one photo of their family (for some reason, many of the best bluebonnet crops happen along a major road or freeway). So with the bluebonnets in full bloom, we ventured out this past weekend to try to capture this treasured photo...

Easier said than done. Thankfully I found a location that was distant from fast moving cars, but we weren't the only people that knew of this fabulous location...we had a difficult time even parking it was so busy. And it turns out that Jackson wasn't really a fan of sitting in weeds and wildflowers. Most of the photos I captured looked something like this:


In the end, we did get a couple photos that we ok, not exactly what I was looking for, but they do have two key elements...Jackson and a bunch of bluebonnets.

No comments: