Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Stitches Removed
Tiger's stitches were removed this afternoon. I asked to talk with the vet while I was there, wanted to get some feedback on how Tiger is doing. After watching Tiger hobble around the exam room, the vet commented that it was normal that he wasn't using his leg whatsoever at just two weeks post surgery. But he did seem a little concerned about the level of atrophy that has occurred so far. He told me to start some "physical therapy" where I force Tiger to start putting weight on the leg (the vet had zero success at this "therapy" while I was there). We are also able to let Tiger out of his recovery room, he now has the full house to explorer, hopefully this will help him regain use of his leg. I enjoyed watching him check everything out at home tonight, but noticed how quickly he became tired. He is getting very good at getting around on three legs, he even followed me up the stairs, but I am concerned about how/when he will start using his left leg again. I think there may even be some nerve damage from the surgery, we won't know for quite some time how this will impact his recovery. The vet has asked us to come back in two weeks to evaluate his progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ahh poor kitty!!
Post a Comment