Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Tiger Update - 4 Weeks Post Surgery
I took Tiger to the vet this afternoon for his checkup. I wasn't expecting them to share any good news with me, but I was still really hoping for it. We had a rough day yesterday with Tiger, he appeared to be in some pain and was limping more than usual. When I picked him up for his appointment today he appeared to be doing better than yesterday, but I knew it wasn't going to be good enough. After two long hours at the vet's office, I had to leave Tiger overnight. They needed to take some x-rays, and in order to do so, they had to drug him. He was having a difficult time waking up from the meds, so they wanted to keep him overnight for observation. I guess it works out since we were going to have to go back to the vet for another appointment tomorrow. They want the surgeon to examine Tiger tomorrow, to provide his opinion for the lack of use and apparent lack of feeling in his left hind leg. I reviewed the x-rays with the vet before I left tonight and ask for her opinion. She said that the bone cut (FHO) looks clean and exactly as it should. However, the femur is sitting quite a good distance away from the hip socket, maybe due to a ligament tear post surgery? Maybe due to the muscle atrophy? She wasn't sure. But she also talked about the issue that I feared the most...potential nerve damage. A major nerve runs along the leg very very close to where the surgery occurred 4 weeks ago. This nerve could have gotten damaged somehow along the way. Let's hope that this is not the case, as the results would be what I have feared the most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment