Here is the first family photo:
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Jackson Tyler Ryan!
Announcing the arrival of Jackson Tyler Ryan! He joined us on Tuesday, May 12th at 9:21 PM, weighing in at 8 lbs 12 oz and 20 1/4" long.
I was induced, so it was a VERY long day. We checked into the hospital at 7:30 AM and I was hooked up and rolling on pitocin by 8AM. I made it until around 12:30 before I begged for the epidural and I was really ready for some relief at that point. Once the epidural kicked in, things got a lot better! But we still had a long road ahead of us. I was finally fully dilated and ready to start pushing at 8PM. Unfortunately, Jackson was larger than expected and was slightly twisted in the birth canal, so his journey was a difficult one. After 75+ minutes of pushing, both me and Jackson were showing signs of distress, so the doctor needed to speed things up. With a little assistance, Jackson was born at 9:21. He was perfectly healthy, just very exhausted from his journey.
Jackson was very fortunate, getting to meet 4 of his grandparents immediately after birth. My mom & dad and Scott's mom & dad all spent the day with us at the hospital and were thrilled to meet Jackson shortly after his birth:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congrats to all of you and to the Gparents, too! What a special memory to cherish and the pictures capture the spirit of that special event! Oh, so exciting and can't wait to "watch" him grow up through your blog! Landon is already 7 months, so just be prepared it goes so fast! Love to you, mama!
Ahh of course my eyes well up with tears! What a blessing you have there, enjoy every moment...the good, the bad and the ugly. It's the most amazing journey! We love you new mama! The Ward...Jason, Geri and Brody
What a darling peanut!! So exciting. I am so glad you all were able to have family right there nearby to see Jackson on his birthday! ;-)
I am so happy for you and Scott!. He is very cute and i can not wait to meet him.
Wow! What an adventure for you and little Jackson to get him into this world! So happy for you guys and loving the pictures--he is adorable. It is gonna go way too fast, so just soak it all in...Lots of hugs to you!
Post a Comment