Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Chubby Baby"

That is what the ultrasound tech called Baby Ryan this morning! I had high hopes that we would find out that Baby Ryan wasn't still a gigantic baby, like he was at 22 weeks. No such luck. His estimated weight today is well over 6 pounds and that puts him in the 97th percentile. 97th percentile! O!M!G! Out of curiosity, I had to research online how much a newborn would weigh at birth if he was in the 97th percentile: 9.9 pounds. Maybe I shouldn't have looked this up!

The tech did say that everything looks healthy and all measurements were normal. We even had the opportunity to double check the gender, and thankfully he's still a boy!

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning. She was off today, otherwise we would have tried to schedule the ultrasound and the doctor appointment back to back. It's just a normal pregnancy appointment, but I'm very interested to hear her feedback from the ultrasound and the "chubby baby."

I've attached a couple pics from the ultrasound. In all honesty, I don't even think they are worth attaching. The ultrasound machine in MN was much more powerful than the one we used today; today's pictures are much less clear than what we have seen at previous appointments. Plus, Baby Ryan was rubbing his eyes when they were taking the pictures, so that adds to the blurriness.

In the first picture he is looking right at us and the 2nd picture is a profile view (you can see his little hand rubbing his eye):


3 comments:

sarahandmatt said...

You should not have googled the birth weight...It's better not to know :)

RunnerGirlJRo said...

I agree with Sarah...better not to know the projected birth weight! :) That said, he looks so cute in the second pic with his big hands rubbing those eyes! :) So glad you are doing well and thanks for keeping the blog updated for those of us in MN that miss you so much! Take care!

Geri said...

Ohh no...you ARE going to have a 20lb baby!! Just teasing as i know you have been SO concerned about having a big baby...don't you worry...as long as he's big and healthy that is all that matters!!