Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Week #36 Ultrasound

I had my ultrasound appointment this morning. They had to squeeze me in, so it was scheduled very early. In fact, I was there before anyone from the office had even arrived. Anyways, the ultrasound went fine. Baby is still moving quite a bit and there appears to be plenty of fluid left in there to support him. He was quite camera shy today, she tried pretty hard to get a good picture (so hard in fact that I was about to tell her to stop due to the pressure of the wand!) but he wasn't cooperating. He has descended to a pretty low position, so it was just tough to get a good view. I've attached the best picture she took, but it is horrible. Even I can barely make out what we are looking at. He is facing the camera and has one hand just above his head at about eye level. The other round object above his head is his foot. Seems like a VERY uncomfortable position to me, but I guess he's just fine.
We will have to wait until tomorrow to hear the doctor's opinion on the ultrasound. It appears he is now 7 pounds, which is smaller than expected based on the results of the ultrasound 3 weeks ago. Just goes to show you how imperfect the weight guesstimate really is. 7 pounds would still put him on the bigger side, just not the gigantic side like we were anticipating.

No comments: